NEW CHART ENTRIES : September 1982



LISTEN HERE          

Singles that entered the UK charts in September 1982 (in the order of chart entry / highest position)...

(highest UK chart position in brackets)

More chart shows HERE!  

01 Dire Straits - Private Investigations (2)

02 ABC - All Of My Heart (5)

03 Shalamar - There It Is (5)

04 Shakatak - Invitations (24)

05 Rush - New World Man (42)

06 Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going (32)

07 Gillan - Living For The City (50)

08 Natasha - The Boom Boom Room (44)

09 Nancy Nova - No, No, No (63)

10 Howard Johnson - So Fine (45)

11 Steve Miller Band - Keeps Me Wondering Why (52)

12 Irene Cara - Out Here On My Own (58)

13 Billy Fury - Love Or Money (57)

14 Aretha Franklin - Jump To It (42)

15 Mari Wilson - Just What I Always Wanted (8)

16 Odyssey - Magic Touch (41)

17 Tygers Of Pan Tang - Paris By Air (63)

18 Diamond Head - In The Heat Of The Night (67)

19 Billy Idol - Hot In The City (58)

20 Sylvester & Patrick Cowley - Do You Wanna Funk (32)

21 Journey - Who's Crying Now (46)

22 Dennis Brown - Halfway Up, Halfway Down (56)

23 Sugarhill Gang - The Lover In You (54)

24 Jam - Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow) (2)

25 Adam Ant - Friend Or Foe (9)

26 Fat Larry's Band - Zoom (2)

27 Dollar - Give Me Some Kinda Magic (34)

28 Pinkees - Danger Games (8)

29 Beat - Jeanette (45)

30 Culture Club - Do You Really Want to Hurt Me (1)

31 CaVa CaVa - Where´s Romeo (49)

32 Animals - House Of The Rising Sun (11)

33 Stiff Little Fingers - Bits Of Kids (73)

34 Asia - Only Time Will Tell (54)

35 Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie (1)

36 Roxy Music - Take A Chance With Me (26)

37 Ultravox - Reap The Wild Wind (12)

38 Imagination - In The Heat Of The Night (22)

39 Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy (46)

40 Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In The Sky (45)

41 Clash - Straight to Hell / Should I Stay Or Should I Go (17)

42 Philip Jap - Total Erasure (41)

43 Hot Chocolate - Chances (32)

44 Cliff Richard - Where Do We Go From Here (60)

45 Elvis Costello - From Head to Toe (43)

46 Peter Gabriel - Shock The Monkey (58)

47 Junior - I Cant Help It / Let Me Know (American Remix) (53)